Monday, June 8, 2009

Today, in Class: The Foreign Edition

As some of you know, I've got a foreign exchange student from China in my English III class.

Kid: I'm going to dig a hole and go to China!

Foreign Exchange Student: What?

Kid: Have you ever heard that before? Do they say in China, "I'm going to dig a hole and go to America?"

Foreign Exchange Student: No. That is stupid.

Other Kid: *with a look of dawning understanding* Yeah....she's right. That IS a stupid thing to say!

Entire Class: *begins discussion on how the Earth's core would make it stupid to dig to China*

Me: Hey! We're supposed to be having a final review here! HEY!!


...hmmm, well that was a lot funnier at the time. But I wanted to have one last Today in Class before summer starts.

11 comments:

Pen Pen said...

Tell them they're right! you can't DIG to China! You have to take the teleporter!

Bowman said...

I wonder if I said things like that in high school?

Clementine said...

Oh how funny! I hope she didn't take it as an insult, though.

Erin said...

Remember the Dodge Nitro commercial where a crane drops the Nitro and it breaks through the pavement, falls through a subway station, then through Hell, and finally lands in China?? LoL! That's what this made me think of. I'm going to miss your "Today in class" posts.

Erin said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sWF0Ykc7H8

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! :0)

Danyelle L. said...

*snicker*

lotusgirl said...

Teehee! Only 2 more days! I bet you're doing flying split leaps about now.

Unknown said...

Shorty: HAHAHA! I am going to show that to my Chinese student...bet it helps her understand the saying. :)

Kate said...

Haha, that's a great post :D
I'm going to miss your "Today in Class" posts!

Erin said...

:)