Friday, April 10, 2009

Today in Class (You Know It's Almost Time for Spring Break...)

(Side note: I don't keep Kleenex in my room. The kids steal it. I make them use toilet paper instead.)

Kid: Mrs. Revis! I have to go to the bathroom. I need a tissue...I have an issue...in my nose.

***

Little skinny kid who might weigh a buck puts on her bookbag....and tips over backwards! Her bookbag weighed more than her!

***

Kid: Gah, Mrs. Revis! I wrote the sentence, isn't that enough? Are you telling me I have to spell everything and use punctuation, too?!


***

Kid: This is English class, Mrs. Revis. Why are we reading all this stuff from Japan?

Me: It's a World Literature class. World Literature.

Kid: How long has it been like that?!


***

Note: This one is a bit PG13. Also: It is gross.

Kid: Sniff my hands!

Me: (speaking from experience) No way!

Kid: *thrusts hands under nose*

Me: UGH! What is that? That is foul!!

Kid: (very proud of herself) We cut off bull testicles in agriculture class today! And I didn't wash my hands!

(Yes. I work in a school so redneck as to have bulls and classes where dangly bits of the bulls are removed. There are also goats.)

3 comments:

Deborah Talmadge said...

Reminds me of home.

Jennifer said...

Bahaha! I love your students. They make for very funny blog fodder. *Lol!*

Tara Maya said...

LOL. Gotta love the age when kids are old enough to castrate bulls but young enough to think it's funny to not wash hands so as to savor the stink. ;)